New Student Information
New Student Registration Procedures
Students new to the North Branford School District must provide the following information before they will be allowed to register at North Branford High School:
- A completed North Branford Registration Form (two-sided)
- Healh Forms (to be approved by the School Nurse), including the Health Questionnaire
- The Acceptable Use Policy Form (for computer use)
- A utility bill indicating their North Branford/Northford address*
- Current class schedule
- Up-to-date grades
- A withdrawal form or letter from the student's previous school indicating that s/he has withdrawn from that school or will be withdrawn as of a specific date
- A signed Release for Academic/Medical Information
*If the student is living with a host family, the appropriate residency forms must be completed and approved by the Assistant Principal or Principal.
Once all the above information has been received and approved by the appropriate person, the Guidance Secretary will pass it along to the student's counselor who will contact the student and parent to schedule a time to register the student and put together a schedule. The counselor will notify the student's teachers at least 24 hours prior to the student attending classes.
Students not enrolled at North Branford High School but are considering transferring to NBHS may spend a day shadowing a current NBHS student.
- The request to shadow a student must be made a minimum of 72 hours prior to the date they would like to shadow.
- Prior to permission being granted to shadow, the student's current school Principal or Guidance Director must provide a written statement that the student is a student in good standing in their current program.
- The student's parent must submit a written note stating the reason why their child would like to shadow a current NBHS student.
- The student requesting that they shadow a NBHS student must understand that they will not necessarily be placed with a specific student, if one has been requested.
- The parent of the student selected to be shadowed must be contacted and give verbal permission for their child to be shadowed.
- Prior to the shadowing experience, all teachers of the student being shadowed must be notified that they will have the visiting student in their classroom.